Peonies are elegant, aromatic blooms that are indigenous to Western North America, Europe, and Asia. They are famous garden plants in warm regions and are relatives to the Paeoniaceae family.
The elegant peony perennial has been successfully flourishing for years and is a favorite option as cut blossoms as they express a unique language. Peony blossoms have various symbolic implications, one among that is good luck and joyful marriage. They are typically acknowledged as the blossoms of the 12th marriage anniversary. They are usually gifted to people on their 12th marriage anniversary. So, if you are looking to gift your loved ones something special on their 12th marriage anniversary, then send these flowers through online flower delivery in Mumbai or any other city where they dwell.
In numerous cultures, it is considered that possessing peony flowers at your nuptials celebration will enhance your probabilities of having prosperity a happy married life. According to Feng-Shui, peony blossoms entice passionate relationships for those people who are singles, mainly pink peony. To excite love and brand-new relationships, people usually keep peony blossoms near them. It is considered that Chi-Energy emitted by these flowers attracts incredible companions. For a woman to entice a fantastic life companion, it is best to have peony plants or perennials in the living room. However, for men who are seeking a promising life companion, these blossoms should be placed in the southwest part of the bedroom. According to Feng-Shui, peony blossoms possess an identical impact like that of a love elixir.
These flowers have been affiliated with romance for a pretty long time. During the rule of the Tang Dynasty, in China, the bridegroom’s family would give the bride’s family Peony flowers, as dowry. The renowned beauty Yang Gui Fei is equated to a peony blossom.
There are different representations of peony blossoms like compassion. It is considered that this flower is titled after Paeon – the Greek doctor of God’s. According to the legend, Paeon was a pupil of Aesculapius – the God of Medicine. When Paeon cured Pluto by utilizing the roots of peony flowers, Aesculapius grew envious of his capabilities and desired to kill Paeon. To protect Paeon, Pluto transformed Paeon into a peony blossom that would be cherished and admired by people. This is the reason why peony blossoms are affiliated with compassion.
Fun Facts About These Wonderful Peony Blossoms:
- These perennials are obtained in every color besides the blue color.
- It is considered that light pink peony blossoms are more aromatic compared to the maroon ones.
- In China, the Peony perennials are called Sho Yu, which precisely means most attractive.
- In China, the Peony blossom is regarded as a representation of prosperity and honor.
- White peony blossom is among the ancient treatments in Chinese medication. Peony roots are used to treat ailments such as convulsion.
- It is considered that possessing peony blossoms in your marriage will commence a happy married life.
- When Marco Polo initially witnessed these flowers, he explained it as “roses as big as cabbage.”
- Ants assist these flowers in thriving. Ants are drawn to the nectar generated by the perennial buds. They ascend on the plants and assist in opening the bulb to obtain the nectar from the flowers. Also, ants keep peonies protected from various other damaging insects.
- One of the most famous places in China to witness peonies is Luoyang, which is seldom mentioned as the City of Peony.
- Peonies are prized for their therapeutic use throughout the world. In the olden days, seeds and roots of these blossoms were considered to heal over 20 ailments, including snakebites & epilepsy. In England, kids were compelled to carry a peony necklace around their neckline to avoid seizures and reduce the discomfort of teething. So, order these magnificent flowers online and also benefit from free flower delivery in Hyderabad or any other city.
Peony blossoms are not just elegant but also possess some fabulous stories affiliated with them, along with therapeutic uses. Having them throughout the house is extremely useful, and if you are looking to send flowers to Thane or any other city, then they are readily available online.
Angelique Chrisafis is the Guardian’s Paris correspondent. She is responsible for churning out quality articles based on her research while keeping an eye on the tech world. She likes technology, gadgets, and food. Works as an individual contributor to the team.