Healthy and perfectly managed life is the foundation of a healthy liver. New and innovative medicine for liver health significantly improved the quality of life of people. However, severe liver disease may cause liver failure. In such a case, the patient may require a liver transplant. As liver transplant is major surgery, you must take the service of the best liver transplant hospital in Coimbatore. The risk of COVID-19 is higher in people with underlying conditions such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and liver diseases.
The liver is one among the largest and busiest organs in the human body. It is present on the right upper side of the abdomen below the diaphragm. It performs more than 500 functions. Some of the critical features of the liver are:
- Bile production that helps in fat digestion
- Formation of cholesterol and chemicals that improves absorption of fat-soluble nutrients
- Maintains the level of amino acids in the blood
- Stores the excessive glucose in the shape of glycogen
- Synthesizes blood clotting factors
- Stores iron to produce hemoglobin
- Prevention of various diseases by maintaining immune functions
Risk Factor for Liver Disease
Several factors compromise liver wellness and increase the risk of liver disease. Some of them are:
- Medical conditions, such as diabetes and blood pressure
- Exposure to chemicals
- Heavy alcohol drinking
- Unprotected sex
- Unhygienic lifestyle
10 Tips to Keep Your Liver Healthy
It is necessary to take care of the liver before the disease develops. People with an increased risk of liver disease should take more care of their liver. Following is the list of ways that keep optimum health of your liver:
- Healthy weight: There is a strong link between obesity and overweight to liver diseases. People with excessive fat, especially around their waist, have a high risk of developing non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. Obesity can also accelerate the progression of other liver diseases. Targeting a healthy weight and maintaining it reduces your risk of liver disease.
- Healthy diet: Eat a balanced and healthy diet. Incorporate all sources of nutrients into your diets, such as fruits, vegetables, pulses, grains, milk, and meat. Food rich in fibres ensures optimum liver health. Avoid food that is high in sugar, salt, and fat content. Drink a lot of water as it supports liver function in flushing out toxins from the body.
- Stay active: Active lifestyle keeps optimum health of your body. Regular exercise must feature in your daily routine. It will help in reducing liver fat. It also allows the body to convert excess fat to energy. It will keep you energetic and lowers the risk of liver disease by reducing obesity.
- Avoid alcohol and substance abuse: The liver plays a vital role in alcohol metabolism. Excessive drinking causes liver stress that results in scarring. Limit the amount of alcohol and illicit drugs. They may cause irreversible damage to liver cells.
- Reduce exposure to chemicals: Liver detoxifies chemicals, including medicines. Prolonged exposure to harmful substances may cause liver dysfunction and damage the cells. It is thus necessary that you should stay away from toxic chemicals. Do not take medications on your own as they may be harmful to the liver.
- Indulge in safe sex: Unsafe sexual practices may result in the transmission of various diseases. Some of these diseases may harm your liver. These may include hepatitis B and hepatitis C.
- Maintain hygiene all the time: Hygiene is essential to protect yourself from liver diseases. Wash your fingers after the use of the rest room and earlier than ingesting or making ready food. Do no longer proportion personal gadgets which include towels, razors, or toothbrushes. Avoid using contaminated needles for body piercing or making tattoos. Avoid consuming contaminated food and water.
- Routine test: Get a regular body checkup. Blood tests help you in monitoring the cholesterol and sugar level. A high level of both these indicates an increased risk of liver disease. If you have any symptoms of liver disease, immediately book an appointment with the best liver hospital in Coimbatore.
- Manage chronic diseases: Ensure that chronic conditions, such as diabetes, high cholesterol, and blood pressure are under control. Follow your doctor’s direction. Non-adherence and poor management of chronic diseases increase the risk of liver disease.
- Get vaccinated: Vaccines for several diseases are available that protect you from various liver diseases. You can get the vaccination for hepatitis A and hepatitis B. However, no vaccine is available for hepatitis C.
There are various ways of keeping your liver healthy. You should manage your weight and eat a healthy diet. Practice safe sex and gets a vaccination for liver disease. Avoid consuming liver supplements by searching on social media and other non-authentic tools, as these may be fake and harm your liver.
My name is Duncan Barret a professional SEO expert having Proven skills of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio Impeccable grasp of the content creation, including interview trends and expressions. I have ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management.