What is the official India e-Visa?
official India visa The India e-visa is an electronic authorization to enter and stay in Indian territory. Without this, entry into the territory will be refused. This online pass, also called ETA tourist authorization or tourist online visa, is issued to foreigners by the Indian authorities, after filling out a tedious form on the official platform. The issue is done remotely by email.
The India e-visa during the Coronavirus Covid-19 period
Currently, only e-visas and business visas are issued. We can get you an e-visa or a business visa from the VFS centre and the Consulate General. To board, a negative Covid PCR test dated less than 72 hours before arrival on Indian soil is required. It is advisable to provide it in English. The quarantine required for travellers does not apply for those who present this Covid-19 PCR test.
How long is the India e-visa valid for?
evisa-inde-etourist The Indian e-visa is valid for at least 30 days. There are several types of electronic visa, the duration of which differs.
E-tourist tourist visa 1 month
• Reason for tourist stay
• Valid for 1 month to make the first entry into the territory after issuance.
• Double entries possible in the country
• Duration of stay of 30 days maximum per entry
1 year E-tourist Tourist visa
• Dedicated to tourism
• Valid for 1 year from issue
• Multiple entries possible
• Duration of 90 days maximum per entry
E-Business 1 year business visa
• For business trips
• Valid for 1 year upon issue
• Multiple entries in India
• Duration of stay of 6 months maximum per stay
What are the authorized airports and ports in India?
India airport e-visa electronic clearances are not accepted by all airports. The e-visa allows entry to India through 28 international airports and 5 ports. Thus, if you wish to enter India by air with a prior eVisa, you will need to arrive through one of the following international airports: Ahmedabad, Amritsar, Bagdogra, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Calicut, Chennai, Chandigarh, Cochin, Coimbatore, Delhi, Gaya, Goa, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Port Blair, Pune, Tiruchirapalli, Trivandrum, Varanasi and Vishakhapatnam.
If you plan to arrive by sea on an India e-visa, you will need to arrive through one of the following cruise ports: Cochin, Goa, Mangalore, Mumbai and Chennai. The online visa is not eligible for entry by land.
How to apply for an e-visa or Indian visa online?
• Step 1: First thing, you will have to complete the electronic visa application form, filling in all the information about you and the reasons for your trip to India. This document is called INDIAN VISA APPLICATION form.
• Step 2: Then, once the forms have been completed and the supporting documents scanned, you can proceed to online payment. For a simple 30-day e-visa, you will need to pay $ 25.
The government has developed a system to obtain electronic visas, but beware: it is tedious to apply for an URGENT INDIA VISA. The official website form is not as clear as one might hope. This is why we strongly advise you to contact us to apply for your eVisa online. Find out here how to get the official Indian visa online. Our additional service allows you to proceed with your formalities for you very quickly.
It is advisable to go through an agency to obtain a valid visa. In general, you will receive a response to your form within 4 days of sending your request.
• Verification and preparation of your file.
• Completion of the official visa “Application Form”
• Simplified services to guarantee you obtaining your e-visa with ease and peace of mind.