Are you planning to travel to Canada for tourism or business? When visiting Canada, it is important that you make sure you have proper identification and travel documents for yourself. If your children are traveling with you, they must have their own ID and travel documents.
What is the Canada eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization)?
The Canada eTA is an authorized travel document that allows foreigners to enter Canada for tourism purposes such as spending vacations or vacations in any Canadian city, sightseeing, visiting family or friends, coming as part of a school group in a school trip or for some other social activity. The Canada eTA allows foreign nationals from visa-exempt countries to travel to Canada without having to obtain a visa from the Canadian Embassy or Consulate. The Canada eTA is electronically linked to your passport and is valid for five years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first.
Do I need a Canadian eTA or visa to travel to Canada for tourism?
You can travel to Canada for tourism on a Canadian traditional visitor visa or a Canadian eTA, depending on your nationality. If your passport nationality is one of the Visa Exempt Country listed below, then you do not need to visit the Canadian embassy or consulate to get the Canada tourist visa and simply apply for CANADA VISA ONLINE.
What are the essential requirements to apply for Canada’s eTA for tourism?
When applying for the Canada eTA online, you will be required to have the following:
- The passport.
- Contact, employment and travel details
- A debit or credit card (or PayPal account) to pay eTA application fees
- Your passport is the most important of those documents that you must carry with you when entering Canada and on which border officials will stamp the length of your stay in Canada.
What is a business visitor?
A business visitor is considered to be an individual who:
You are going to engage in international business activities without being part of the Canadian labour market, that is, without working in Canada.
You are temporarily visiting Canada to find ways to grow your business, invest, or advance your business relationships with other companies or individuals.
Business visitors are generally in Canada for a few days or a few weeks, however they can stay up to 6 months in the country.
What you need to enter Canada for business
If you are a business visitor with Mexican nationality, you will need a CANADA TOURIST VISA or electronic travel authorization (eTA) to enter Canada. You may also need to provide your fingerprints and a photograph (biometrics) if you apply for a tourist visa.
However, if you opt for the quickest and most convenient option, eTA travel authorization, you will simply need to fill out a simple online eTA form with your personal details. Once your CANADA VISA APPLICATION has been correctly completed and submitted, you will receive, in a very short time (sometimes minutes), the answer as to whether or not the eTA is granted.
The activities that can be carried out as a business visitor traveling to Canada are the following:
- Buying Canadian goods or services for a foreign company or government.
- The receipt of orders for goods or services.
- Go to meetings, congresses, conventions or fairs.
- Give after-sales service, that is, advise.
- Receive training from a Canadian parent company that you work for outside of Canada.
- Training of employees of a Canadian branch belonging to a foreign company.
- Be trained by a Canadian company that has sold you equipment or services.