Purchase: license plates can be purchased in two different ways: in a specialized store (dealer, garage, etc.) or online, on a dedicated platform. It is important to keep in mind that license plates in UK can only be produced by specialists. It will therefore be necessary to ensure that the seller manufactures and distributes officially recognized models.
Prices: they vary from 10 to 50 Euros on average per license plate. It may also be wise to compare the prices offered before deciding, knowing that online prices are often a little lower than those offered at a dealer.
The vehicle registration document: in all cases, it will be necessary. It will obviously be very important to verify that the correct series of letters and numbers have been communicated to avoid ending up with an unusable plate. It should be noted that certain sites have specialized in renewing their vehicle registration documents and their number plates: two steps in one.
The deadlines: if you go to a garage, the production may only take a few minutes. Online, the delivery time will necessarily make the purchase less immediate, but it will not be necessary to travel. Some sites also offer express deliveries within 24 hours.
Personalization: online, the possibilities for personalization are generally greater: choice of materials (plastic, Plexiglass, aluminum, etc.), choice of finishes, choice of the logo of the region, etc. Lots of rivets and kits including rivets and pliers Rivets may also be offered during the purchase process, which can simplify the assembly of the new plates.
If you are willing to buy a Private Number Plates UK you can contact one of the best private plate company theprivateplateco.co.uk which is one of the UK’s longest-standing business of personal number plates and also have actually been trading for over 25 years.
How to change your license plates?
Essential elements to identify vehicles, license plates are mandatory. Certain specific situations sometimes require that new ones be installed. How to proceed with their installation and what are the tips for buying them?
Installation: do it yourself or have it done by a professional?
It is possible to change the plates yourself. Often it will only take a few minutes. It is however necessary to have some specific tools and accessories as well as to be a handyman. Obviously, it is also possible to have this installation carried out directly by a professionals like theprivateplateco.co.uk.
In any case, it is important not to underestimate the importance of having plates correctly fixed because they are, according to the Highway Code, obligatory and must be in good condition, clearly visible and irremovable.
What equipment do you need to have to change your license plates?
- Rivets: License plates are sometimes sold with so-called rivets, which are essential for permanent fixation. They should not be confused with the screws which are totally prohibited for this kind of assembly. How to recognize a rivet? It’s simple, it’s a cylindrical metal rod.
At one of its two ends is a short section that is thicker and delimited by a ring. It is called the “head”. It is the rivet which will pass through the plate and which will allow it to be fixed to the vehicle by means of pre-existing holes.
- A rivet pliers: this is the pliers used to fix the rivets of the plate on the automobile. Many models exist and generally cost around thirty euros. Once the rivet has been placed through the plate placed on the vehicle (its head must be in the hole and its thinnest part on the outside), the pliers will come to exert pressure on it then cut the part coming out of the hole (the thinnest part). It then produces a specific metallic click which lets the user know that the rivet is correctly installed and that it is indeed broken.
- A drill with bits: it must be able to drill metal.
- A universal pliers: this versatile pliers can both cut wires and remove nails like a pincer.
- A small screwdriver.
- A pencil (preferably a marker) and a rag.