Hydro jetting is often referred to the process of unclogging the drain pipes and clearing the debris inside pipe walls by sending high-pressure water jets through the pipes. High water pressure cleans the pipe walls, removing grease, food particles, mineral scale, debris, and tree roots, lowering the chances of future clogs and backups. Hydro jetting is more than just putting the hose down the drain and turning on the hydro jetting machine. If you use hydro jetting improperly, you risk breaking your pipes and seriously damaging your plumbing system, resulting in a large repair bill. As a result, it’s best to delegate this task to a local professional plumber who has the necessary tools and experience to complete the job safely.
Benefits of Hydro Jetting in San Diego
Effective – Hydro jetting is very effective. A clog cannot withstand thousands of pounds of water pressure so hydro jetting can easily clear clogs, allowing businesses and municipalities to reopen their sewer systems as soon as possible.
Full Coverage – Snaking techniques may leave dirt and clogs on the pipe walls. As the snake is thinner than the pipe, it can only break up the clog in the center but it cannot completely remove residue from the sides. The flow of pressurized water by hydro jetting covers the entire cross-section of the pipe and cleans the entire residue from the pipeline
Eco Friendly -Hydro jetting is environmentally friendly. It uses only water and no harsh chemicals or enzymes. Hence if leaks do occurs, they will not discharge hazardous chemicals into the soil or groundwater.
Safety – Hydro jetting is a safe procedure because it uses water rather than chemicals. It will not cause harm to anyone.
When Hydro Jetting in San Diego is Needed ?
- Backed up Plumbing system – If you witnessed frequent clogs and backups even after snaking your drain and removing clogs, it clearly indicates deep-set clogs or a lot of dirt and sediments buildup on the walls of your pipes. If left unattended, this will only worsen the issue, and will create a complete blockage. Hydro jetting can remove both a clog and a buildup at the same time. The powerful water flushes out the dirts and clogs as well as the buildup on the pipes all at once, allowing you to start over with clean pipes.
- Toxic and Pinching Smell of Sewer Gas – The stench of sewage or sewer backup is a major issue. Sewer gases are hazardous to human health, so you never want them to enter your home. This odour will clearly indicate that you have sewer backup, you may also observe water spots, dampness in your basement, or wetness under the sink. If you see any of these symptoms, call a plumber for hydro jetting.
- A slow drain – This can be annoying, but many homeowners ignore it until it becomes severe. Drain cleaners can provide temporary relief, but they are corrosive and may cause long-term damage to your pipes. A slow drain will worsen with time. If you are experiencing clog or dirt buildup that is slowing the drain flow, call for a professional hydro jetting expert as they can solve the problem instantly and restore the condition of your plumbing system.
- Fixtures backup – If there is clog in the shared drainpipe like the pipe between the shower and toilet, water may back up into the bathtub or shower each time you flush the toilet. You should flush the toilet to clear the clog. However if that doesn’t work then hydro jetting can be used to flush out the clogs in the sewer line or remove a blockage in the shared drainpipe. It will also remove any buildup that may cause clogging in the future.
How does Hydro Jetting work ?
The Plumber examines your system for major blockages:
A video inspection of the system will be performed by the plumber to locate any major blockages and areas of heavy buildup. They will also inspect the pipes to see if they can withstand the pressure of hydro jetting in San Diego because very old or weak pipes are unable to withstand high pressure. If your plumber says that hydro jetting is not safe for your pipes due to the poor condition of your pipes, you may consider installing new pipes if you have frequent clogs and drainage problems.
High water pressure cleans the pipe:
Once the access points have been identified, the plumber will insert hoses into your pipes and turn on the hydro jetting machine. This machine can pressurise water to 35,000 psi, but the pressure will be adjusted by the plumber based on the needs of your system.
As the water runs through the plumbing system, it flushes the pipes from inside clearing the debris and heavy clogs. As the debris comes out from the pipe walls by the hydro jet, it falls and is safely flushed out of the plumbing system.
Why is Hydro Jetting used ?
Hydro Jetting can flush out all kinds of dirt and obstruction from a pipeline. It is widely used for the following plumbing issues:
- Thorough cleaning of the pipes from inside
- Unclogging a clogged system
- Grease and pulverising oil
- Removing debris and sludge
- Cutting up tree roots
- Getting rid of calcified scale
- Breaking through ice clogs
- Removing sand and silt
Call Professional Company for Hydro Jetting in San Diego
A hydro-jetting system, unlike drain snakes or drain chemicals, should only be used by a highly trained and professional plumber. To put it another way, don’t try to build your own hydro jet system on your own. Our Professionals from the Hydro Jetting team at San Diegounderstand the proper technique and precautions to take. An experienced professional is also required to conduct a video inspection and determine which types of specialized nozzles to use. Allow Professional Company team to unclog your main sewer line and get your business back on track with everything from a detailed sewer scope inspection to specialized water jet sewer line cleaning.
Angela is a marketing manager at EZ Plumbing USA. She has a great interest in educating readers about various leakages that can happen in their home or offices through her articles. With extensive knowledge of water leak and slab leak detection techniques as well as HVAC systems, Angela wants to make readers aware about the warning signs indicating leakage and predictive AC and Heater maintenance and also how to fix them to refrain from dangerous and costly consequences.
Read articles to get more valuable information about detection and damages of water and slab leak repair, techniques to fix clogging, and installation and maintenance of AC & Appliance in San Diego.