Bellsouth mails have become an integral part of everyday lives. But like every other technical thing, these may also sometimes come up with some problems of their own. And Bellsouth mail is not an exception. This guide would let you know about some of the key things about the Bellsouth Email. So, you can keep reading this guide to know about creating a sub-account under your existing Bellsouth account, setting up your account on a mail client, and key points to fix the issues with the setup.
Why can’t you create a new Bellsouth Email account?
Bellsouth mail doesn’t have its domain now, so you can’t create a new account under the Bellsouth service. The only exception here is creating a sub-account under an already existing Bellsouth mail account. This is because AT&T. now acquires Bellsouth mail services. Hence, you could create a new account under Att.net.
Also, if you need an email service from AT&T, you have to register your account with one of your accessed services. Well, if you don’t have any services yet, you can go to att.net and Sign up for your service.
Moreover, if you already have a Bellsouth account, you can access it with the att.net portal.
You could follow these steps to create a subaccount of your Bellsouth account under ATT.net –
- Firstly, open your mail account and then select Profile.
- Then, choose Account users.
- Select your account to create its subaccount.
- Next, click on Manage Subaccount users.
- After that, press on Add a Sub-account.
- To move on further, read the Terms & conditions, and after that, click on Accept.
- Fill in the details of all the required fields and then select Save.
How to set up a Bellsouth account on the mail client Outlook?
You need to have an Outlook 2016 app on your device for the setup. Also, if you wish to use any other mail client, you can use these same settings. Ensure that you’ve configured your Outlook otherwise, you’ll need to do that later in any case, which may be time and effort-consuming. After that, you can start the setup with these instructions-
- Open Outlook app on your device, select File and then Add Account.
- Next, click on the Manual Setup or additional server types options.
- Moving on, select POP or IMAP.
- Furthermore, complete your User Information.
- Enter your valid user name in the input field. You have to enter this name carefully because this will be displayed to other users as your account tag.
- To continue with the setup, enter your full Bellsouth mail address.
- Complete the server information for your account:
- Account Type – Select IMAP or POP3.
- Incoming mail server – Enter imap.mail.att.net (IMAP) or inbound.att.net (POP3).
- Outgoing mail server – Enter smtp.mail.att.net (IMAP) or outbound.att.net (POP3).
- Fill in your login information for your account:
- To fill in the complete login information, enter your full email address and then the password.
- But if you don’t have an account-associated password, you can use the Secure key as the alternative.
- Tick the check box for the Remember password option.
- Also, check the box for Require Login using Secure Password Authentication.
- Select more options and Complete the Outgoing server info:
- Tick on the box My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Following this, select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Next, go to the Advanced Info to complete the settings:
- Incoming server – Enter 993 (IMAP) or 995 (POP3).
- Encrypted connection – choose SSL.
- Outgoing server – Enter 465 (IMAP and POP3).
- Encrypted connection – choose SSL.
- To submit all the details click Ok and then Next. After this, Outlook will run a test. If the test goes on successfully, click Finish to complete the setup.
After the successful setup, you can start using your account immediately. However, if there is any problem with setting up your account, then you can try this solution to tackle the issue –
· A bad internet connection –
Lousy internet connectivity can be the reason for an unsuccessful setup, so make sure that you have a static internet connection to avoid any problem with setting up your account.
· Check if the mail client is updated or not –
If your mail client isn’t updated, then the app will fail to match with the server. Therefore, firstly you should update the app to start with the setup.
· First, update the OS of your phone if you’re setting up your account on your phone –
Many users face issues during the setup on the phones like iPhone or Android. If this happens with you, go to the System update and then download the available update and install it. Updating the OS can fix common issues that users face.
· Disable any third-party software or apps –
Sometimes, third-party apps and software can stop the setup. For example, these applications could be using the same port you’re going to assign to your mail account. Port traffic will automatically result in a failed setup attempt because a busy port could not be assigned to a new application.
· Disable Firewall settings –
If the firewall for your system is enabled, it may cause issues. So, you could try disabling the firewall during setup. However, a firewall can also prevent you from assigning the port for the services, therefore disable it.
· Reconfigure your account if needed –
You can reconfigure your account for a successful setup. For example, if you’ve done service type settings for your account incorrectly, this can cause problems in the setup.
However, if you’ve tried all of the solutions and are still unable to set up your account, it would be best if you take help from a mail expert.
My name is Duncan Barret a professional SEO expert having Proven skills of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio Impeccable grasp of the content creation, including interview trends and expressions. I have ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management.