Instagram is widely used by billions of users daily. On this platform, one can easily share photos and videos with anyone in this world. Some people take a lot of interest in creating an Instagram post but there comes a point in everyone’s life when we feel so distressed and decided to take a break from all the social media platforms including Instagram. I’m sure you are aware of the method to make an account on Instagram but do you know how to delete an Instagram account? There’s no need to worry if you’re unaware of this. Here, I will tell you how do you delete an Instagram account. Read this post to the end to get the details.
There are two ways by which you can delete your Instagram account one is temporary and the other is permanent. If you are looking for how to delete my Instagram account, you will find the solution to your problem in this post. Before deleting an account, we will discuss how to save your Instagram data. Let’s start with the method to keep our data.
How to Save Instagram Data Before Deleting an Account?
It is a good idea to back up your Instagram data before deleting your Instagram account. Once you have deleted your account then you can’t restore your data again. Instagram will ultimately destroy everything like your photographs, likes, comments, and friends list after you make a request to delete an account. Sometimes Instagram delete your account without giving any information. In that situation, you will not worry if you have already restored your data. You can follow these simple steps to get your Instagram data easily that are given below:
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Press the profile symbol which is located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- In the bottom right corner, press the profile symbol.
- In the upper right corner, hit the menu, then select Settings.
- After choosing Security, choose Download Data.
- Type in your email address.
- Press on the Request Download button.
Instagram will send a full record of your profile to the email address you gave within 48 hours. The email contains all the information you might need in the future, including your images, comments, profile information, and other items. Even if you are of the opinion that you won’t ever require this information again, taking this precaution will guarantee that your information is secure in case you do.
How to Delete an Instagram Account Permanently?
Now you can delete your Instagram account without being worried about your Instagram data. All those people who are looking for how to delete my Instagram permanently can delete their account easily by following the steps that we have mentioned below. These quick and easy will definitely help you to delete your account.
- Go to the “Delete your account page” on your device.
- If you haven’t already logged in, the website will prompt you to do so.
- You will be prompted to choose a reason for wanting to deactivate your Instagram account from a drop-down list.
- To continue, enter the password again.
- Clicking the “Delete username” button will permanently delete the Instagram account.
Also Read: https://thehearus.com/check-out-the-best-12-alternatives-of-einthusan-tv/
How to Delete an Instagram Account Temporarily?
If all you want to do is take a break from Instagram, disable your account rather than delete it. By deleting your account temporarily, you get the opportunity to access it anytime again whenever you want. You can’t temporarily disable your account using the Instagram app. Use a browser to delete your account temporarily. Follow the steps given below to delete an Instagram account temporarily
- Visit Instagram.com using a browser.
- Enter your account login information if prompted.
- Press the profile symbol which is located in the top right corner of the screen.
- Select “Edit Profile” after clicking on Profile.
- To the right of the Submit option choose “Temporarily disable my account.”
- You will be prompted to choose a reason for wanting to deactivate your Instagram account. Choose one reason from the available options.
- Enter your account password again.
- In the bottom-right corner of the screen, select “Temporarily Disable Account.”
Apart from this, if you deleted your Instagram account accidentally then, you can take the help of our other article which will let you know how to recover your permanently deleted Instagram account, you just have to visit the given below link.