We are prioritizing applications from people who are eligible to travel to Canada at this time. We strongly encourage you to wait until you are eligible to travel before applying for a visitor visa. The information you submit with your application will be the most recent. This will reduce the delays in processing your request. If you have already applied for a visitor visa and are eligible to travel as early as September, instructions will be available shortly. We have temporarily changed the Canada Tourist Visa application process. The instructions on this page are only for people who need a visitor visa and meet the requirements to enter Canada at this time.
How to apply for a visitor visa
If you are eligible to travel to Canada at this time, you must tell us so that we can prioritize the processing of your request. We currently prioritize travel requests for non-discretionary purposes. You must also meet all eligibility and non-inadmissibility requirements associated with a visitor visa.
You must apply for a visitor visa through the IRCC portal if you are coming to Canada for
- attend a funeral or end of life ceremony
- be present during the last moments of a loved one’s life
- caring for a seriously ill person
- join the crew of a ship
- serve as a diplomat or travel as an immediate family member accompanying a diplomat arriving on mission who will be accredited to Canada.
Most applicants must follow these steps.
Step 1: Apply online with your IRCC account
If you need a visitor visa to travel to Canada, you must apply online. Canada Visa Online requests will be accepted and processed. If you are traveling with an ID or travel document that has been issued to a refugee, stateless person or non-citizen. If you cannot apply online, you can apply on paper or Canada Business Visa
Step 2: Fill out the form
When asked about the purpose of moving the application form, provide the following information exactly as it is written to ensure that your application is given priority.
Step 3: Prove that you meet the criteria for travel exemption
You must provide proof that you are eligible to travel at this time.
Step 4: Pay the fees
Pay the application fee and submit all required supporting documents, including biometrics.
Step 5: Wait for the decision on your request
You will receive one of the following documents:
- an email confirming that your request has been approved or denied;
- a letter requesting more information so that we can make a decision.
- These documents will be sent to your secure IRCC account. If your request is approved, we’ll let you know the next steps.
Step 6: Prepare to travel
You must prepare adequately before arriving at the airport to travel to Canada by air or to get to the Point of Entry (POE) if you are arriving by car. You must provide proof that you are eligible to travel at the moment.
You must provide the following:
- proof that you provided with your application.
- written authorization from IRCC (if you need to get one);
- written authorization from PHAC (if you are traveling on humanitarian and compassionate grounds);
- written permission from PCH (if you are participating in an MIU).
- If you cannot provide this information, you will not be able to board your flight to Canada.
Before you travel to Canada
All travelers entering Canada must meet testing and quarantine requirements to ensure everyone’s safety. Under certain conditions, you may be exempt from some of these requirements.
My name is Duncan Barret a professional SEO expert having Proven skills of excellent writing demonstrated in a professional portfolio Impeccable grasp of the content creation, including interview trends and expressions. I have ability to work independently with little or no daily supervision with strong interpersonal skills and willingness to communicate with clients, colleagues, and management.