In recent years, the topic of nail design has gained importance. Trends have been imposed on how to paint them and what shape to give them. It all started with the fashion of using each nail in different colors, nowadays wonders are created with paints.
This has given rise to varied techniques that create incredible results. There are many ways to give your manicure your own style in an easy, simple and economical way.
What do you need to decorate your nails at home?
We tend to believe that a good manicure is only the one with which we come out of a beauty salon. However, in your own home you can create beautiful designs and get a spectacular result for your nails. To do so, in addition to a lot of creativity, you will need the following implements:
You can use dotting pencils that are specially made for nail design. Also, you can use regular pencils, pens, or any other thin circular object. You can also make them your own by sticking a pin into the rubber. This way you can make perfect polka dots to your manicure.
2. Liquid latex
This product has become a boom in nail decoration. It gives you the freedom to experiment with paints, without making a mess. Liquid latex is used to border the cuticle and the ends of the nail, avoiding the use of nail polish remover. It is widely used for sponge designs or with stamps.
These famous colored band-aids are great when you want to make a geometric design. An alternative to these band-aids is to use adhesive tape or masking tape. It will also help you to define the area you are going to paint well and thus create fantastic geometric designs.
4. Fine brush
This tool is essential for creating freehand designs on your nails. These brushes are already sold in stores, but you can do it with an enamel brush or any brush. What you should do is cut several strands until the center is thin.
5- Semi curved gel nail strips
Semi cured nail strips are a whole new type of gel nails. Made of real liquid gel but only cured by 60%, nails that are flexible and wearable for all nail shapes.
Upon curing the remaining 40% with a UV lamp, the gel will completely harden like salon quality gel nails.
Tips for creating great designs
Now that you have what you need to create your designs, here are some tips that will help you making this task even easier.
- If you are one of those girls who love to use rhinestones on their nails, you can use a pencil to arrange the stones.
- You just need clear varnish or special glue. The pencil will allow you to apply them safely and locate them easily.
- To create striped designs, you can use a heavy cedar brush to create the effect. All you have to do is dip the tip of the brush in the varnish and pass it over the nail. This will create a striped effect in a very simple way.
- If you like the watercolor effect, you can recreate it on your nails with the help of a straw. You must dip it in the varnish and then blow on your nails, letting the paint fall without any order. It will be a very attractive artistic effect.
- To create the famous gradient designs, all you need is a sponge.
- Apply the varnishes of your choice on the sponge and then dab it on the nail. You can repeat once, if necessary.
- To recreate the beautiful and delicate lace design, all you need is a piece of lace and white paint. Place the lace on the nail and apply the polish on top. You can do it with a brush or a sponge. It will be delicate and effortless.
- Put your hands in cold water or under the tap for a few minutes. This will make your nail polish dry much faster.
Now that you know everything you need to do a manicure at home, what are you waiting for to start creating your own designs? Cheer up!
Peter Beaumont is a senior reporter on the Guardian’s Global Development desk. He has reported extensively from conflict zones including Africa, the Balkans and the Middle East and is the author of The Secret Life of War: Journeys Through Modern Conflict. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org